Friday 30 October 2015

60 SECONDS MORE




Hello dearies,

Poetry is one genre of literature I love to explore once I'm i my creative mood.I kinda gives me a feeling of being a genius. ( we i read what i write). I hear that "Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words" Robert Frost.  However I love to see it as " echo asking the shadow to dance".

I must confess that my literature teachers in secondary school were very intelligent. I remember learning about types of poems :  Sonnet; a poem of 14 lines, Ode;( ode to the west wind), Elegy: ( elegy written in a country church yard),Ballad,Panegyric,Epic. Some of the examples share then just stock with me. 
writing poems in fact seems more interesting to me sometimes but arrrrrrg... relevance is key.

So enjoy this poetic piece I wrote in 2011: 
Watch the farmer sow the seed
As it lies beneath the hallow
Down the land that looks fallow
Frail from the faces that sees
As it cries give me time!

The same aloud the woman in travail
Who through much pain bless the age.
She cries just give me time
But down her spines and marrow
Come’s the twist of nature’s best.

Sweating eyes, does the same
With the subconscious, it views the conscious
Tapping into pictures of the incredulous
That makes the heart beat faster than Rolex
As it echo’s in cry- give me time!










When mother eagle lays the eggs
And it seems like good meal for my bread
Console yourself, it no hen egg
It an eagle with vast strength in shell
Screaming ‘I’m the next air space king’
But again, give me time.

It’s dark in here to night
Counting long hours for ever
The tick tack revealing the starts
I wonder when the dawn will come
Just then did the cock crows
And I saw the rising saying
Just give me time

When you look at me like I’m least
Please look less at the crest
Cos am bless beyond every mess
Never the less i refuse to melt
Cos your words to me are not the best
I know just where I belong,
I know just who I am
My day may be messy
And my dress sense much nonsense
Please (scream,) give me time!

No comments:

Post a Comment