Friday 22 January 2016

15 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT READING

Reading is one of the greatest hobby you can ever engage in. "Sometimes in 2014, I wrote about how   I keep having urges which is a major product of my reading habit. Many bloggers would agree with me that reading wide, is one major way of developing good content for one's Target audience (TA). You can certainly never out-read yourself. In fact the Process of reading is like searching for lines of treasure in ink and print.( e-copy's included)


I love to read and like one of my lecturers back in the days use to say "I am a voracious reader, I read a lot". over the years however I have come to the following conclusion about reading:

  1. You cannot read all the books ever published- Doing this will be tantamount to suicide 
  2. If you read a chapter per day you will most likely have read 365 chapters in a year.
  3. Reading will help you reduce stress-that's why sometimes we sleep off while reading( let those who are for this motion say I- the I's have it) 
  4. If you read one book per week you will have read 52 books in a year
  5. Reading and studying are not the same thing
  6. The most read books are the holy books and very few people take time to study them. if they do, the world would have come across the word LOVE which makes the world a better place.
  7.  The best way to learn the usage of new words, is by reading books- it improves your vocabulary (That intelligent feeling you have after reading something new)
  8. Books contain the wisdom, learning and experience of the Author which is more valuable than its cost price. 
  9. Research as shown that reading can prevent Alzheimer- if you read you will know how. 
  10. Reading has therapeutic benefits.
  11. Reading helps to improve your ability to write better. 
  12. Reading helps you to make informed decision.
  13. It helps to improve concentration and focus
  14. It helps to boost self confidence- That feeling of knowing something others don't.
  15. One book at a time can change your life for good.
So as we begin this year, and this weekend ensure to read one book at a time.

Love yah Xoxo....

1 comment: